Tuesday 2 June 2009

Chit insanity

lecture rooms are the most resourceful places in school. So as am trying to understand what the lecturer is teaching (it is public speaking) but my concentration level was so low. So as I fade into deep thoughts, this chit gets to my desk-chair...
 
"The sweetest point of any man is the weakest moment and scientists call it eja....." (that i will not complete)- This was a quote from The Independent Magazine. 'mbu' its Andrew Mwenda..
Then someone adds a comment just below the chit

"It depends on the context from which a person says it. Politically its a big no. This is a classic example of how obscene peoples' mental arrangements are."

There was some brief laughter. The lecturer maybe thought he was being funny. 
Ok now lets be honest. Why would human nature think of writing such a note in a public speaking lecture? Well my accent wouldn't allow me speak in public like any great public speaker..

Now I have to get to my lecture... I had only 1 hour.... 




3 comments:

  1. hmm, interesting info there about that fatal bitter sweet moment. thanks, i'll remember this next time i need 2 stab a man.

    lol (esp about the accent)- that hasnt stopped many African politicians 4rm public speaking tho!

    ReplyDelete
  2. i never liked lectures , i would be scribbling something, poetry mostly

    ReplyDelete
  3. You know your in trouble when you're taking a class on public speaking from a guy who redefines 'piriton'
    Better start taking notes on what not to do in public speaking lol

    ReplyDelete